There is a high percentage of CoVID cases in Cloud County. During this time we are permitting limited plexiglass visits that must be scheduled in advance. To schedule a visit, please click HERE.
For questions regarding visits, please contact us at (785) 243-2720.
Given the high percentage of CoVID cases in the area, we are allowing scheduled visits only.
- Everyone entering Sunset Home will be screened.
- Masks must be worn, and social distancing observed for the safety of residents, staff and visitors.
- Groups of no more than 2 at a time.
- Scheduled visits are required so residents and staff are prepared for the visit.
- Enter through Door 2 on the south side of the building. Please call 785-243-2720 if no one is available to open the door.
- No visits during mealtimes—Breakfast 6:30 am to 8:30 am, Lunch 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, Dinner 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
Given the high percentage of CoVID cases in the area, resident outings are suspended.
Keeping in Touch
We understand how difficult it is to be apart from your loved one and encourage you to contact them often by phone or mail. You may also schedule window visits or FaceTime calls. Please feel free to call us to set up a time.
An email account dedicated to messages for our residents has also been created. Our Team page has department contact information and we ask that you call us for anything you need.
We will continue to update our Facebook page and this website. Please check back often for information.
To ensure infection control practices are in place and to reduce possible COVID-19 exposure, it is the policy of Sunset Home that all resident transportation, excluding emergency transfers, will be done by facility staff. This includes hospital admission and discharges along with regularly scheduled doctor appointments. Our staff are trained to disinfect vehicles between transports and to wear appropriate PPE. As we are ultimately responsible for the exposures our residents face, we feel this is best practice for our present situation.
For questions regarding transportation, please contact the facility at (785) 243-2720 ext. 126.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
If you are experiencing symptoms such as a fever, shortness of breath, or cough we encourage you to contact your medical provider to seek medical attention.